We recommend wild cod filets served with black rice which is high in antioxidants, including anthocyanin, which may support heart and brain health, and vitamin E, which supports eye and skin health and the immune system.
4 6-ounce wild cod filets
3 tbsps butter softened
2 tbsps Dry Creek Olive Company Mediterranean Olive Oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsps parsley, chives, and lemon thyme, finely chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1 lemon, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Place the cod in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on top of each filet.
- Lay the lemon slices both on top and under the cod filets.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until the cod is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook.
- Before serving, spoon the juices from the baking dish over the cod.
- Enjoy with orzo pasta drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice, and a touch of salt.
Try this recipe with Black rice such as such as sticky rice, Japonica anc Chinese (forbidden rice).