- Prepare the vinaigrette ingredients first to allow the flavours to blend.
- Whisk all ingredients together and let stand while preparing the salad.
- Toast the almonds or pumpkin seeds by heating them gently in a skillet. No oil required.
- Heat until they begin to brown then remove the skillet from the heat. They will continue to roast in the hot pan.
- Chop the kale very finely and massage with a little bit of the vinaigrette to tenderize it.
- Slice the oranges or grapefruit and the fennel, grate the cheese and arrange in a serving bowl or in individual dishes. Drizzle with more vinaigrette and top with nuts or seeds and enjoy!
Note: Save remaining dressing in the refridgerator for another salad.